Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Sadness.. Miscarriage

I don't really know where to begin or how to write this, I'm not crying at the moment, I think all my tears have dried out my eyes. I've had a miscarriage at 10weeks, it's been a roller coaster weekend involving ambulances a&e and numerous blood samples - that's not to mention the more invasive procedures.
I tried to reassure myself everything would be ok although within 24hrs of the bleeding starting my pregnancy symptoms had begun to fade all the medical staff I saw over the weekend were great and reassuring. Sadly the inevitable happened yesterday, and was confirmed today.
The miscarriage itself was horrific, and stupidly I thought I'd be ok home alone. I had no idea that I'd have contractions which caused me to be doubled over in pain and i had to call mr g in great distress sobbing incoherently down the phone, another trip to a&e. Then a trip to EPAU today to be told I had miscarried. Everyone has been so very kind. I have to go back for extra bloods on Thursday just to ensure its not ectopic. Physically I still ache, but the worst part for me is dealing with the horror of the things I've seen the last few days.
I keep being asked how I feel, honestly I just feel fragile.

11 comments:

  1. My thoughts are with you, hugs are being sent your way xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss!! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart goes out to you. It's an awful, awful thing to happen.

    I miscarried at eight weeks back in August and I still feel the emotional hole. You and your family are in my thoughts. Hold the people you love close to you and take the time you need to heal.

    Lots of love,

    Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my God honey - I've only just seen this! What a horrible shock for you. I have no idea what to say. I know we only know each other from this mad world of blogging but I like to count you as my friend and I'm devastated for you. I'm so sorry honey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you love from one who knows x

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for all the kind comments xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely heartbreaking. I was just catching up on your blog toady and I am so shocked and sad for you, sending as much love as possible xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for your loss. Take very good care of you in the times to come. It is normal to grieve and you may feel exhausted so do rest as much as you can. Seek support (sadly so many women go through this although each loss is an individual one) and tap into organisations that can support you too. Sending my very best wishes. You are always so lovely with me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness lovely. I'm so so sorry. I feel terrible for not knowing this sooner, I've not been online as much lately and not caught up with you on Twitter.

    I know there's not a lot I can say to make it better, but I'm thinking of you and am so sorry for your loss. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Absolutely heartbroken for you xxx Take care and be kind to yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete