Monday, 3 December 2012

Helping us Save this Christmas - Groupon



A little while ago, I was contacted by Groupon who asked if I would like to give an honest review of their services. With Christmas rapidly approaching, I was keen to see if Groupon could save me money on my Christmas purchases! I was amazed how many deals there were on offer, but sometimes I sighed when I realised I'd missed a deal I wanted by waiting to purchase it.. lesson learnt Groupon deals are only offered for a limited time! There have been some great deals on everything from a wooden train set (which my boys were demanding!) to a rather amazing looking double bed! Groupon also offer a range of offers on days out or breaks, which I must confess I've been very tempted by - especially the Champagne cream tea I recently saw offered!

Having spent a few days looking at the deals offered, I saw a deal which was ideal for us this Christmas - a Christmas tree, a Nordman fir to be precise! Mr G always insists on one of these firs for various reasons including the fact they have softer needles if the children touch them. 




The tree was offered for 50% of the merchant's usual selling price. I have to confess, that actually the reduced price is fairly similar to my local garden centre's price for the same sized tree, however I liked the fact that for £8, it will be delivered - which none of my local tree sellers will do, and I'm hoping that the tree will be a superior one! Buying the tree was easy enough, it was literally a question of paying for the voucher through Groupon, then when I received the voucher code via email, logging on to the tree sellers site and 'buying' the tree with the voucher as payment, I did have to pay extra for delivery but that was specified in the t&c's on Groupon - always check the t&c's some deals have free postage and some don't! My only concern at the moment, is the seller has said the tree will arrive in 10days, but not given a date, I hope they contact me before it arrives so I can dig out the tree holder!! 

When the tree arrives I shall update the post with a photo!


Disclaimer: I received a Groupon credit in order to review their services, all thoughts and comments are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment