Tuesday, 11 September 2012

Sleep Well - with Cool Nights Pillows


Mr G and I treated ourselves to a little luxury in the bedroom in the form of a fancy new memory foam mattress. We were excited at the idea of getting the 'great night sleep' it promised, and so when we found we were waking up with sore shoulders and necks we were less than impressed! We spent the next few months replacing our pillows and taking recommendations from anyone who would offer any sort of pillow advice or recommendation. When I saw a tweet from the Yorkshire Linen Company requesting reviewers for their Cool Nights Pillows, I decided to offer ourselves as willing testers!

Cool night pillows promise to offer exactly that, a night of undisturbed cool headed sleep, without the need to constantly turn the pillow to the 'cool side'.



I was instantly pleased that the covers were very soft the covers are poly cotton, but incredibly soft. The pillow appeared very springy, and it certainly felt inviting. The pillows are hollow fibre, which I tend to prefer but I am aware they can quickly lose the springy appearance! The pillow has special silver thread which runs up and down it which I guess is the 'science' bit, the thread is anti-bacterial as well as able to draw heat away from your head, so the pillows in theory should provide a better nights sleep.

Silver threads providing antibacterial protection on the Cool Nights Pillows


So, do they work? Well, initially I didn't notice any difference in whether I felt hot or cold, but I instantly noticed that my aching neck and shoulders had gone after the first night sleeping on the new pillow. I only needed one pillow instead of two, as the pillows are plump and luxurious! After a few days, I realised that my head was definitely kept a little cooler, and instead of waking up in the night flustered and hot, I was sleeping through and waking up refreshed, whether I sleep on my side or roll onto my back. Genuinely the only change has been the pillows, so whatever they're doing it's working for me! I've been using the pillows for a couple of weeks now, and they still look as inviting as they did when they first arrived, and they appear to spring back nicely into shape each morning!

YorkshireLinen.com are currently selling a pair of Cool Nights Pillows for £19.99, which is an absolute bargain for the quality of pillows!


Disclaimer: I received a pair of pillows in return for an honest review. I am currently still using the pillows and very impressed with them, all views are my own unbiased opinions of the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment