Thursday, 6 September 2012

Cocoa Boutique -- Luxury Chocolates!


Normally when anything edible enters the house, the boys instantly announce they will assume responsibility for taste testing. However, when the box of chocolates arrived from Cocoa Boutique, I peeked inside and proclaimed loudly that unfortunately these were Mummy's chocolates and not for sharing! Well, look how beautiful they are:



Cocoa Boutique is a newly launched company offering luxurious tasting boxes of luxury chocolates created by the finest chocolatiers (including Barry Colenso who helped to create The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's wedding cake!) delivered direct to your door. The box offered a great selection of Milk, White and Dark Chocolates each beautifully crafted.

I have to confess, I was amazed how much I enjoyed the chocolate coated coffee beans, the chocolate was dark and rich and I found them really moreish! There was none of the bitterness I normally associate with chocolate coated coffee beans. The chocolate buttons were divine, rich melt in the mouth chocolate which left me wanting more - I would have happily indulged in an entire box of these!


 
 
 
Undoubtedly my favourite chocolate in the selection was the 'Pamela' which is a cassis pear ganache in a very rich dark chocolate, the flavour was equisite and it looked divine to! I have to confess, if it hadn't been in the taste box I would probably never have tried the exotic flavour!


Pamela

I have to be honest, not all chocolates were to my taste, specifically the brandy truffle and sadly the pink champagne truffle I found a little disappointing, the textures and flavour were not what I hoped for I found the alcohol overpowering the chocolate (not a bad thing some might say but it didn't appeal to me).

The taste boxes will cost £34.95 delivered, and  you'll be able to choose whether you want them delivered monthly, 2 monthly or even quarterly! However, they are running a special introductory offer where you can try a box for £9.95 and if you decide to sign up after this initial box you will only pay £19.95 for each subsequent box! This might sound expensive, but personally I was very impressed with the quality and variety sent. The chocolates were very well packaged, and arrived in good condition - with the exception of the dark buttons which had suffered slightly in the heat, but they still tasted fabulous.

Cocoa Boutique are giving you the chance to win your own box here enter before the 31st October 2012 for your chance!


Disclaimer: I was sent a box of Cocoa Boutique for the purposes of an honest review, all opinions are my own.





No comments:

Post a Comment