Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Weighing on my mind..Jenny Craig


After my great week last week with Jenny Craig, I let my hair down a bit over the weekend and several glasses of Pimms, a day of forgetting to eat and only exercising once meant I came in this week having gained 1 1/2lbs. Normally this is where I'd feel annoyed and either starve myself into oblivion or I'd think oh well i've gained now so i'd start my spiral back into bad eating. The fact I realise exactly what I normally do and have admitted them to Cherry (my consultant) makes avoiding it so much easier and this gain is just part of my learning curve. I was expecting to be told off when I reported my gain, but instead we talked about why it had happened and what I would do differently this week, I put the phone down feeling really positive. 


I was delighted to discover that I can fit in a new top which has been sat in my wardrobe since I bought it (by the time I realised it was too small I couldn't return it!). So even though the scales are showing a gain, I'm still seeing physical differences! I've also discovered I can work considerably harder in the gym than I could 4 weeks ago, I almost think the few days off did me some good as I can see the results clearly. Changing habits and anything to do with your body is a gradual process, and I know I'm hugely impatient so sometimes taking a step back and actually looking at what I have achieved rather than what I still need to do is exactly what I need. 


So my aims for the week are to get to the gym 4 times, have a family swim, eat all the food on my Jenny Craig menu and remember to drink plenty of water! It might sound like I'm being really tough with myself, but I've already been to the gym twice this week, so to go twice more isn't really so bad, plus I really enjoy plugging my ipod in and just thinking about nothing at all but the music!



2 comments:

  1. I think you are doing amazingly - I think we have to let our hair down once in a while (I did this week too) but the main thing is you are focused and back on track because it is something you want to do. Hurrah on fitting into the top, such a bonus! Good luck this week. I am off the programme now, but still sticking to the principles (mostly!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Molly :) I'm trying to stay focused so I feel confident at Britmums! I do think the blip did help though, as it refocused me and it doesn't feel like hard work it's all fun :)

      Delete