Monday, 19 March 2012

Hidden Treasure!

I'm not sure about you but I'm always short of storage, we never seem to have anywhere to put toys or craft things or well..things! I despise the ugly plastic storage boxes which seem to be offered everywhere as the answer to every storage problem, they're bulky and lack character.

Hiding underneath a pile of books, bowls and some beautiful vases I saw the potential solution to one of my storage dilemmas!





It was incredibly dusty, but after a good clean it looks lovely, it was surprisingly heavy to carry as it is quite solid! Boo has already filled it with as many toys as he can find, which slightly ruins my romantic thoughts of possibly turning it into some sort of memory chest!

Have a look at all the other fabulous second hand finds on Me & My Shadow - Magpie Monday


2 comments:

  1. Oooh what a nice chest you have (can I say that?")

    I too hate plastic storage crates. I have quite a few trunks, hampers, baskets and suitcases for storage but always on the lookout for more!

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too much storage - and that chest looks fab!

    I'm afraid that we do have some plastic boxes in our house now - I've been buying old Tupperware from eBay and will do a Magpie Monday post on this next week ;-) But wood and wicker are definitely more attractive.

    ReplyDelete