Monday, 19 March 2012

Elmo's Dinosaurs DVD Review and chance to WIN!

We were excited to receive a copy of Elmo's Dinosaurs on DVD to review, not least as Boo has become quite interested in Dinosaurs over the last few weeks (admittedly often as he confuses them with Dragons..) but also because E loves Elmo! So this may well be the perfect combination for our household!

Packaging Design © 2012 Abbey Home Media Group Ltd. TM / © Sesame Workshop.


Elmo introduces Dinosaurs in a really positive manner and starts with simple activities like how to act like a Dinosaur, something Boo very much enjoyed joining in with..."Raarrrrraaaaaaagh!" There are counting activities, and introductions to different types of dinosaur as well as introducing the idea of a trip to the Natural History Museum. Boo was quite impressed seeing the giant skeletons in the piece on the museum, and I now feel we're well on the way to be prepared for a trip to the London Natural History Museum! Boo also learnt some new words, and that Dinosaur bones are discovered by being dug up! So we had plenty to talk about after watching!

There is a great bonus feature too, I loved seeing Big Bird again, and Boo and E both thought it was funny meeting lots of different Seasame Street characters!

We found the DVD both great fun and educational to, I'd recommend it to anyone wanting a fun introduction to Dinosaurs!

Abbey Home Media have kindly offered 5 copies of the DVD as prizes for readers of my blog! 

To enter all you need to do is answer the very simple question and leaving your answer as a comment on the blog, please make sure you leave either your twitter ID or an email address so I can contact you if you win!:


- If you were a dinosaur what would you be called? 

(e.g. I think be the goriamisauras!)




You can also get an additional entry for each of the following steps, but please leave each as a seperate comment or it will not count.

- Follow @abbeykids on twitter

- Subscribe to the blog!


Competition closes at 9am on 30th March 2012




Terms and Conditions:


I reserve the right to re-draw the winner, in the event that winners do not reply within 72hours 
Winners will be selected using random.org 

Only one entry per household. 

Only entrants who complete all required entry steps will be eligible to win.

Only one prize per household. 

Winners will be required to provide their postal address in order to be sent their prize.







 

67 comments:

  1. i would be mummysauros!

    @ashlallan

    ReplyDelete
  2. i follow on twitter as @ashlallan

    ReplyDelete
  3. i follow with gfc as mummy24

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would be called a dippyodocus' as I can be a bit ditzy at times - well they say a woman loses some brain cells each time she gives birth and I've had 6! @tracyknixon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I follow @abbeykids on twitter @tracyknixon

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a GFC subscriber Tracy K Nixon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I would be Messysaurus as my little boy ensures that, within 5 minutes of putting on clean clothes I will be sticky or messy somehow! @redrosemummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I follow Abbey Kids on Twitter @RedRoseMummy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am subscribed by e mail @RedRoseMummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. i 'd be nevergetaminuteasaurus

    ReplyDelete
  11. The veggiesaurus

    @clairew137

    ReplyDelete
  12. Follow on twitter - @clairew137

    ReplyDelete
  13. Follow you on twitter @starcatch3r

    ReplyDelete
  14. subscribe to your blog via google - natalie holland

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would be Kateastrophicatops.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am following you on twitter @kooky_kate x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Am following you on RSS google x

    ReplyDelete
  18. subscribed to your blog

    i would be shushasauus

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd be a Tea & Biscuits Rex.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Following @abbeykids on twitter.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Following with GFC as M.
    @maisietoo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am following abbeykids on twitter
    @hoops120

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am following abbeykids on twitter

    @hoops120

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would be Chocosaurus ;0)
    @chocolateonemse on twitter
    Karen A Barrett on FB
    Thanks for the giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  25. Followinf Abbeykids on twitter
    @chocolateonemse on twitter
    Karen A Barrett on FB

    ReplyDelete
  26. I subscribe to your blog via email
    @chocolateonemse on twitter

    ReplyDelete
  27. Replies
    1. 00AnnabelLee00 [at] gmail [dot] com

      Delete
  28. I’m following you on Twitter as @00annabellee00

    ReplyDelete
  29. I subscribe to your blog as 00AnnabelLee00 [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Think I'd have to be a knackeredasaurus @missielizzieb

    ReplyDelete
  31. Following on Twitter @missielizzieb

    ReplyDelete
  32. I would be called the tidyupasaurus :-)

    coppelia100@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. I subscribe to the blog via email

    coppelia100@btinternet.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Nannysaurus - an old but loving beast

    Hiding on twitter under the rock @phyllgerry

    ReplyDelete
  35. Already following @abbeykids on twitter with @phyllgerry

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'd be aerosaurus as im cabin crew! emmawolski@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. id be a logonasuarus because my sons name is logan
    @zeniebeenie

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think Id be a ravanous-ratour cause Im always hungry!!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Following abbeykids as @freyamae1

    ReplyDelete
  40. I'd be photoraptor because I love taking photos, and hardly ever leave the house without my trusty camera (just in case I come across something interesting to take a photo of!)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I'm following you on Twitter as @LoveWinning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would be the cookiesaurus as I loooove cookies! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  43. Followed on twitter @Laura_Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  44. I think I'd be a mommychocciesaurus because I'm a devoted mommy who is also a chocolate addict! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  45. I'm following you.... (creepy hey :-p ) lol scorpiogirlxx

    ReplyDelete
  46. Subscribed to your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  47. I follow you on twitter - @paulaburnside

    ReplyDelete
  48. If I was a Dinosaur I would be called Isawyousaurs, because I see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  49. I am following you on twitter@tigerfanjane

    ReplyDelete
  50. I have subscribbed to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  51. I'd be a diplo-daisy-dopolus because it just rolls off the tongue :-) @piperanddaisy

    ReplyDelete
  52. following on twitter @piperanddaisy

    ReplyDelete
  53. subscribed via RSS feed as Piperand Daisy @piperanddaisy

    ReplyDelete
  54. I would be called Knackeredasaurus!

    Twitter - @bloomingfox
    Facebook - Kirsty Fox
    Email - robertfox24 [AT] aol [DOT] com

    ReplyDelete
  55. I would have to be chocolateosaurus

    hinchliffe_nicola@yahoo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete