Tuesday, 3 January 2012

Mummy and Daddy are getting married..Becoming Mrs G..

For those who missed it, Mr G asked me to marry him just before Christmas and I accepted! Since then I have to confess that I've been in a bit of a panic. I always thought I'd panic about what to wear or who to invite if I ever got married, but that was in the pre-children days.

I bought a wedding magazine yesterday and instantly realised it was a total waste of £5. In fact I wished I had spent the £5 on lottery tickets at least I would have been able to dream about what I would do with millions if I won them! The magazine was filled with 20-somethings with perfect figures, huge white dresses and sophisticated guests without a highchair in sight. Sadly I'm not in my 20's anymore, I don't have the perfect figure (although...I'm working on that!) a big white dress is not necessarily my cup of tea and as for sophisticated guests?? I guess they might be if we can excuse the impromptu food fight from the under 2's who might be attending?

So, here I am, wondering if I can put my imagination to good use and create our perfect wedding day which involves our two gorgeous boys after all I want them to enjoy it too, although I do draw the line at Boo's suggestion that I should get married dressed as Smurfette...

So for the next months, be prepared as I'll undoubtedly be writing frantically about ideas, successes and failures of the Goriami wedding plans!

3 comments:

  1. Have you joined Pinterest? That's a brilliant place to find wedding ideas you can copy affordably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thank you I'd never heard of them but I have bookmarked it for further investigation this evening! Exciting! x :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOO- Congratulations! There must be something in the air, missielizzie got proposed to too. Sadly I'm still waiting, twenty two years and counting - my Mr.G is a stubborn one!

    ReplyDelete